If you visit kitchen countertop company, then he will advise you for quartz countertops. Quartz countertops are now quickly making their way in the market due to their qualities and color choices and designs. Quartz countertops are a fresh change amidst the natural marble and granite stones. If you will ask the quartz countertops installers, then they will tell you about the benefits of installing quartz countertops but there are some cons of quartz countertops as well which the quartz countertops installers will not tell you about.
Pros of Quartz Countertops
- It is a machine made countertop with around 93% of grounded quartz and 7% of resin, polymers a color pigments. So you have the option of different design and colors. Compared to marble and granite which are naturally occurring materials, quartz countertops are available in many different colors to choose from and you can choose whether you prefer a natural look or a laminated look.
- If you want a hard and sturdy countertop, then the countertop company will advise you for quartz countertops as they are hardest of all. They are also scratch free and chip free, so they are the best countertop used for cutting, chopping and preparing meals.
- Quartz countertops have a uniformed look as they are machine made and not naturally occurring, so the whole countertop slab will have the same look rather than look undefined.
- The best benefit is that quartz is a nonporous material meaning they are stain free and also antibacterial, so they are the safest option used for keeping all your food items in a hygienic way.
- If you prefer a no maintenance countertop, then the countertop company will advise you for the quartz countertops only as they are completely maintenance free. They can be cleaned just by a regular dishwashing liquid and wipe with a soft cloth or sponge and you are done.
- Quartz countertops are extremely durable and stay with you for a long time, so it is a value-added investment.
- You have a wide variety of colors and designs to choose from in quartz countertops.
- It is anon porous material so it does not need sealing inside it.
Cons of Quartz Countertops
- It is expensive because it is made after many processes, so you will have to keep the cost in mind. The price of quartz countertops is similar to the natural stones such as marble and granite.
- One major disadvantage of quartz countertop is not heat resistant, unlike marble and granite. So you will have to take care of hot pots and pans and use heating mats before placing your hot pots and pans on your countertop.
- Another con of quartz countertops is that it does not give a completely natural look. It will give a laminated and sleek look, but will not exactly look like natural stone such as marble or granite. So if you prefer a natural look for your kitchen then your quartz countertops installer rockville md will advise you against the quartz countertops.